Join our crew!
Jonesport Shipyard is seeking skilled workers for seasonal, part time, and full time, year-round positions. Our team shares a commitment to clean, safe, and efficient operations and ensuring a satisfying customer experience. If you share our commitment, we'd like to hear from you.
Jonesport Shipyard is seeking a skilled individual experienced in fiberglass repair, finishes, and marine systems including all phases of plumbing, sanitation, electrical, propulsion, and gas and diesel engines.
Experience in multiple aspects of boat repair and maintenance including seasonal commissioning and decommissioning is required.
Supervisory experience and ABYC/NMEA certification is helpful but not required. Advanced rigging and splicing or electronics expertise is a plus. Professional development is supported and encouraged.
The successful candidate will be:
- Capable of engaging in physical labor for extended periods of time, including routinely lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds and working from a kneeling position
- Able to wear a respirator and adhere to OSHA standards and COVID safety measures
- Capable of running boats up to 28'
- Skilled with hand and power tools
- Comfortable taking on a variety of boatyard-related jobs
- Able to communicate effectively in a culturally diverse community
- Able to problem-solve independently and seek direction when needed
- Team-focused and self-driven
- Attentive to details
- Capable of planning and executing self-directed projects
Click here to apply.