Join our crew!
Jonesport Shipyard is seeking a skilled worker to fill a seasonal position. This position could become a year-round job for the right person.
The successful candidate will be:
- comfortable with physical labor
- capable of running boats up to 25'
- skilled with hand and power tools
- comfortable taking on a variety of boatyard related jobs
- able to communicate effectively with culturally diverse clients and co-workers
- able to work effectively as part of a team
- able to problem solve independently and seek direction as needed
- ability to accept and follow direction and procedures, and to stay focused
- attentive to details
- capable of planning and executing self-directed projects
Priority will be given to individuals with the following skills and experience:
- familiarity with marine systems including seasonal commissioning and decommissioning
- small engines, outboard engines, diesel engines
- moving and blocking boats of various sizes
- marine carpentry, fiberglass, paint and varnish
- marine electrical systems and electronics
- heavy equipment
Our team shares a commitment to clean, safe, and efficient operations and ensuring a satisfying customer experience. If you share our commitment, we'd like to hear from you. Click here to apply.