Jonesport Shipyard is seeking a skilled individual experienced in fiberglass repair, finishes, and marine systems including all phases of plumbing, sanitation, electrical, propulsion, and gas and diesel engines.
Experience in multiple aspects of boat repair and maintenance including seasonal commissioning and decommissioning is required.
Supervisory experience and ABYC/NMEA certification is helpful but not required. Advanced rigging and splicing or electronics expertise is a plus. Professional development is supported and encouraged.
The successful candidate will be:
- Capable of engaging in physical labor for extended periods of time, including routinely lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds and working from a kneeling position
- Able to wear a respirator and adhere to OSHA standards and COVID safety measures
- Capable of running boats up to 28'
- Skilled with hand and power tools
- Comfortable taking on a variety of boatyard-related jobs
- Able to communicate effectively in a culturally diverse community
- Able to problem-solve independently and seek direction when needed
- Team-focused and self-driven
- Attentive to details
- Capable of planning and executing self-directed projects
Click here to apply.
Jonesport Shipyard seeks a general laborer to join our team. The ideal candidate will be able to follow directions, ask questions, and take pride in their work.
Must be comfortable engaging in heavy physical labor for extended periods of time, including routinely lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds and working from a kneeling position. Ability to wear a respirator and adhere to OSHA standards and COVID safety measures is required.
Candidates with wood and fiberglass boat repair or mechanical experience are preferred, but we are willing to train promising candidates with hands-on work experience.
Work may include but is not limited to:
- Covering and shrink wrapping
- Commissioning, decommissioning, systems maintenance
- Assisting with mast stepping and crane work
- Prepping and painting bottoms
- Waxing and buffing/polishing, cleaning, detailing
- Haul and launch assistance, blocking
- Facilities and grounds maintenance, equipment operation and maintenance
- Woodworking, fiberglass repair
Priority will be given to individuals with skills and experience in one or more of the following:
- Familiarity with marine systems including seasonal commissioning and decommissioning
- Small engines, outboard engines, diesel engines
- Moving and blocking boats of various sizes
- Marine carpentry, fiberglass, paint and varnish
- Marine electrical systems and electronics
- Heavy equipment
We follow state health and safety guidelines for marinas and boatyards including face coverings.
In order to keep our employees safe we have limited access to the shop, and modified our procedures.
Click here to apply.